Sunday, July 23, 2017

Eric Brooman's Utah Belt

Eric Brooman's Utah Belt in October 2011, Gateway Division of the NMRA photo.

Here's is the Facebook (unofficial) “Utah Belt Historical Society” for Eric Brooman's HO Scale Utah Belt Railroad. Following Allen McClelland's Virginian & Ohio Railroad's “good enough” policy, Eric has a really nice railroad that came out in print right after Railroad Model Craftsman magazine published the series of articles on Allen's V&O.

I think I was between the age of 11 & 13 when all of those articles came out & I was just mesmerized by what Allen & Eric created. Both had a huge influence on my plans on model railroad operations (& eventually lead me to a career as a professional railroader to this day I do believe).

Of course, you have to have a Facebook account to see this, but here's a link directly to the Utah Belt Historical Society:

No comments:

Post a Comment